1. Post REGULARLY (not a numerical goal): Something as specific as “I’m going to post every Tuesday and Friday.”
2. Respond to EVERY comment: A blog is set up for discussion and engagement; if you do not respond to comments you will dampen the spirits of those who comment and decrease the chances that they will comment in the future.
3. Link to other bloggers in your posts: Next to commenting on other people’s posts this is the easiest way to build rapport in the blogosphere.
4. Embed pictures and videos more frequently: It causes more people to engage and requires just a little bit more time on your behalf.
5. Focus your posts around specific topics: the more diverse your blog is the less it will be read. If people know what you blog about they will be more likely to check your site when the want information about a specific topic. There’s no way you will compete with the Huffington Post.